I have to admit, the first few months of Simon's life, I resented the other smug new mommies and daddies who would ask me, "is he sleeping through the night?". After I'd sadly reply "no", they'd go on to tell me about their little Pookie Bear who slept through the whole night since Day 1... or something along that lines.
In July, Simon slept 6 hours straight... 3 nights in a row. I thought I was getting somewhere. Alas...
Today, I am feeling a little smug. It's been almost a week and Simon has only gotten up once at night. Every other night, HE HAS SLEPT THROUGH THE NIGHT! Who is this baby?
I've been afraid to write these words. I'm still afraid that Simon's agent will read these words, call him on his Fisher-Price cell phone and inform him that he has been letting all of babyhood down... that he has to step it up and scream a little more at night. Knock on wood, people. I'm crossing my fingers that this new pattern holds.
Have I mentioned that when Simon sleeps, so do I? The world is so much brighter now that I've slept through the night... for almost a week... for the first time in 10 months.
Gotta go... have some dancing for joy to do!
Thursday, March 11, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Yay! Isn't sleep wonderful? I also am scared to write down or tell anybody when Jacob does something like that. He has also just started sleeping throught he night recently, and I am still scared that now that I have written this, he will start waking up again.
Yah for all of you...and I hope the Blog god's don't get you !
Serves me right for bragging. He was up at 12:30. :(
Oh, man. I feel your pain, and I know all too well the "I think she's FINALLY got it!" once they start sleeping better for a few nights, then BAM! Back to the midnight howling. Gah. Kids.
Well mine is not sleeping yet again and I feel my sanity going right out the window :(
Post a Comment