Sometimes, the stereotypes do apply. My Mom's Scottish (and Swiss, etc.) and my husband's a Mennonite. I am thrifty or cheap or tight-fisted with my cash. I think I come by it honestly. I like to buy next year's winter outfits in the spring, when they're on sale (and summer outfits in the fall). I always head to the back of a store first because that's where the bargains are. I'm addicted to sites like BabySteals and used"City" sites. Also, I LOVE used baby clothes and toy sales. Today, I went to one.
After perusing the clothes and toys, I'd picked out a laundry hamper full of cute stuff (for just over $30). The piece-de-resistance was an all=terrain jogging stroller for $40. Don't get me wrong, I like our Peg-Perego. This stroller just gives me some terrain options and could allow for me to jog (or walk really quickly) again.
I think that, even if I win the lottery (which is highly unlikely seeing I'm too cheap to buy tickets), I'd still enjoy bargain hunting.
Saturday, March 20, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I hear ya sister, I like to think of it as "saving more than I am spending" but it is down right just being thrifty. I picked up 10 cans on the walk to get Carter from school today - it's free money!
Post a Comment