Voting

Monday, January 26, 2009

Fresh start

Tomorrow is the start of Semester 2. I meet my new set of lovelies and embark on 5 different curriculum adventures. I'm excited and a little nervous... I'm a 7th year teacher and I still get stage fright at the thought of new sets of eyes looking up at me like I know what I'm doing.
This semester will involved a grade 9 French class, a grade 10 French class, a modified English grade 12 class, a Psych class and some Student Support Service time (when I go into a classroom as the learning disabilities support teacher). Should be fun. I'll miss my prep though.
In other news on the work front, I'm 3 weeks away from our big Improv tourny. My One Act play rehearsals start up this week. We're competing the weekend before I go on mat leave.

On other, more fun news, my little Thumper is kickin' up a storm and growing like a weed. I've given up on my jeans and bought some elastic waisted mat jeans. Just 12 1/2 more weeks until we meet our little Thumperoo!

***Update - Buses were cancelled today. I'll probably see 5 students. This'll postpone my stage fright for another night.

No comments: