Voting

Saturday, January 17, 2009

Weird kid


Alright, I've faced it: I was a quirky kid. I was the girl with the big bangs and big glasses who had her nose buried in a book most of her childhood. I loved my hyper-colour T-shirt. The year my Mom thought I should start wearing a bra, I rebelled and spent a summer wearing oversized sweaters with my black and neon green spandex shorts. On top of all that, I just re-discovered two of the silliest things I did as a child. First, I've never been a purse girl. The only purse I owned until I was in my late teens was a Smurf purse. I just found it and almost died laughing. I loved that thing! The second thing almost brought tears to my eyes because I was laughing so hard. I found my beloved troll collection. Yep, hideous, wild, neon-haired, plastic trolls of the 80s and I collected them.
Now Fergus has a few new toys. I think he loves them as much as my 12-year-old self did.

3 comments:

Jen said...

I love Trolls too! I haven't seen those things in ages.

Jen said...

I meant to say I LOVED trolls, I do not currently love them. ;)

Marla said...

something reminds me that you also had a brown VELCRO rainbow unicorn wallet that never seemed to die...nah, that musn't be you ;)