Voting

Saturday, June 21, 2008

Sweet Summer Breeze

Today, we ripped out a half dead bush and replaced it with a rose bush.
I weeded and watered and Trevor mowed the grass. We chased Fergus up and down our big maple tree.
I trimmed and deadheaded my flowers.
I love being outside. I love that it is Saturday and I have NO school related obligations. I have nothing to mark and I have no more uni assignments stealing my time.
Nothing but the sun and the sweet summer breeze.

Last night, we had the teacher I share a classroom and his wife over for supper. Nice veggie kabobs, feta and herb potatoes and a yummy roast (no school = Jill cooking). He's a great first year teacher who's temporary contract wasn't renewed. I don't understand why. He does a great job with the kids and makes math fun (who knew that could happen?). I feel bad that his contract wasn't prolonged. I know exactly how he feels. It sucks that sometime administrators let good people walk out the building. I don't think I'll ever get it. I really hope he hears something so he can stop worrying.

No comments: