Last Thursday, our school spent the afternoon outside re-vamping our student entrance. We had the help of our business partners. They came and put on a BBQ, hired a DJ to entertain us as we worked and helped with the funding.
We planted a strawberry/saskatoon berry patch, 2 huge flower beds with a school logo and a Medicine Wheel and a natural prairies grass bed. A few weeks before, the students had created tiles. We put them onto three benches. This way the kids have a cool area to hang out.
It was such a fun day. I loved playing in the dirt. I loved teaching my students how to break apart a little root ball so that it's happy in the soil. I loved watching them work hard for themselves and for the school. I loved seeing their smiles when they realized that this was all for them.
Education is sometimes about classroom and books. Last Thursday, education was about giving a little and getting a lot.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment