Voting

Tuesday, June 05, 2007

28

Today, I am 28. I'm borrowing a Jean Little poem to celebrate taking it easy on my B-day.

Today
TODAY I will not live up to my potential.
TODAY I will not relate well to my peer group.
TODAY I will not contribute in class.
I will not volunteer one thing.
TODAY I will not strive to do better.
TODAY I will not achieve or adjust or grow enriched
or get involved.
I will not put my hand up even if the teacher is wrong
and I can prove it.

TODAY I might eat the eraser off my pencil.
I’ll look at clouds.
I’ll be late.
I don’t think I’ll wash.

I NEED A REST.

[from Hey, World, Here I Am)

5 comments:

Jen said...

Happy Birthday Jill!

classic kim said...

Happy b-day!!!!!! :D

Risk Club Guy said...

Hey! Happy Birthday Mrs. Wiens! Say Happy B-day to Trevor too! (Wait... I mean TREVOR)

crazy mom said...

Happy Birthday Jill!
Hope this next year is filled will many blessings!
Take care!

Amanda Franks said...

I'm a bit late on this, and man are you old! Happy Birthday.