I have a 35 minute commute. It's longer if there's construction or, if drivers are being dumb. Usually, I come up with interesting blog posts on my way to or from work. Ideas like:
-teaching the Holocaust now that I'm a mother
-Halloween prep
-temper tantrums
-how hiring out childcare can lead to a more spoiled generation of kids
-students eating crayons (I know - ridiculous)
-Claire turning into a little girl
-Simon's frogs
-etc., etc., etc.,
Except, when I get home, I get the kids, I make supper (and play), we eat supper, we do dishes, we play, we get ready for bed, we put the kids to bed and we fall, exhausted on the couch. At that point in time, my brain is fried and there are no neurons all fired up and ready for some creative writing. If anything, I may have some energy to mark assignments, bake for daycare, do laundry or pack lunches. Life is full.
There's nothing wrong with this routine. It's a little busy but, many women all over the world do it. It's normal. However, it leaves little time for blogging. Thus, my apologies.
There will be the obligatory Halloween post but, I think the other thoughts swirling around my brain during my commute may be stuck in traffic for a little longer.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I'd like to hear more about the things on your list - especially the "how hiring out childcare can lead to a more spoiled generation of kids".
:)
Post a Comment