Thursday, July 26, 2012
Toddler-hood
It's official. Claire is no longer a "baby". After having Shiya's sweet 5 month around the house for a while, I've realized that Claire is, at 20 months, a full-fledged toddler.
She has an ear infection. I took her to the doctor and then the pharmacist on Monday night. She was prescribed amoxycillian. This morning, she showed me her little chest and belly all covered in a rash. Just like me, she's allergic. Poor girl. She's been extra sad about life today.
I cleaned and put away our "baby" high chair today. Claire refuses to sit in it anymore. She wants to sit in just a booster like a big girl.
She wants me to unbuckle her from her car seat so that she can climb out like Simon. She freaks out when I "help". She wants to put her clothes on by herself and yells in frustration when her feet don't work in her shirt. She has to clean everything! She puts MegaBlocks away as Simon builds his towers. She's determined to drink without a lid. She wants to wear panties all the time and is pretty good at telling me when she needs to use the potty (yah!). She's become this fiercely independent little thing.
The thing is, I love it. However, it is soooooo frustrating. I love that she wants to do things herself and like a big girl. I love that she's so fiercely determined. I'm so proud of her. I know these qualities will serve her well. I need to remind myself to be patient with her as she learns and grows.
She's napping now. She needs a good snooze. Toddler-hood is rough.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment