Voting

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Revolving Door

Remember how we just moved into our place? We're still super pumped!

One of the most attractive qualities of our new home (remember, I said "one" of - I'm very smitten with my house) is that we have a functional basement. It's nothing pretty; it's sprayfoamed and framed with rooms. This ALLOWS US TO HAVE COMPANY!

This week, we opened our home to our very first guests (my most wonderful best friend Shiya, her husband and their sweet, sweet baby boy). Yay us! We love having company and they are pretty easy company to have!

They leave on Thursday and one of my former Lanigan students shows up (for a wedding of another former student). She'll be here for the weekend. That will give us a quick breather and then, we're taking our little ones camping for the long weekend.

Eeek!

That's a lot on my plate. Pile on a specialist appt. for Simon, an ear infection for Claire, baby-sitting my favorite Zach kids and keeping up with summer playdates and some serious park time; I'm one busy Momma. I LOVE it!

I'm so thankful that I have a job where, for 2 months of the year, I can do all the hosting, playing, adventuring and house-wifing that I want. I need to keep soaking this happy busy-ness in because, it's fleeting.

No comments: