When I started back to work, I was a little unsure about how to do lunch. I knew I had a 15 minute window when my classes would end, I would prep and clean up and be out the door to pick up the kids. I did not want to waste any of my precious time walking to the other side of the school (staff room) to toast a bagel or warm up soup (my usual go-to lunches). Also, I wanted something healthy and easy to take with me in the car.
No, I don't want to eat sandwiches... too many carbs and I ate too many when I was in school.
I decided to try flavoured canned tuna. There's plenty of good flavours and I would also bring some Triscuits along (as well as a yop-like yogurt drink). The tuna always tasted good and always filled me up. Unfortunately, every single time I opened up a tin, I felt like I was opening up cat food. Most days I managed to swallow my gag reflex but, it was hard to shake.
My brother, Tim, is in a similar boat. He travels between his two pt. time jobs (teaching and pastoring) at lunch. His solution to lunch is a smoothie. Yum!
Now, I drink a delightful blend of fruit, yogurt and milk every day. I add honey as a natural sweetener and a dash of cinnamon. The cinnamon is the best part. I actually crave it all morning until smoothy time.
Best work lunch ever!
Add a granola bar (nuts = protein) and an apple (honeycrisp, please) and I'm a happy girl!
Friday, February 10, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment