Voting

Monday, February 13, 2012

On the Eve of Love


Tonight is the eve before Valentine's Day. I'm happily baking heart shaped sugar cookies. Simon and I coloured his valentines yesterday. I have a sweet surprise for my sweetie and we're going to attempt our fancy crab legs tradition with the kiddos. Should be fun!

Tonight (as I ice sugar cookies), I plan on watching the Bachelor. It's true, this trashy TV show is quite an addicting vice for me. I've already written a post a few years back about why I find endless amusement in the fact that those very, very beautiful people wearing gorgeous clothes, going on incredible dates and traveling to exotic locales are so unhappy. They are unhappy because they don't have what I have: a soul mate... someone to "do" life with. Therefore, as entertaining as it is for me, I am a little smug. My eye-rolling husband will be sitting nearby tolerating my addiction just as I tolerate every pro-sports season that plays across our TV screen. This, folks, is true love. :)

Tomorrow, we won't be wining and dining, dressed to the nines at a fancy restaurant. Instead, I will watch the man of my dreams play, snuggle and bathe our kids. Then, we'll probably snuggle up and watch nothing much on TV and daydream about our "Someday House". This, Ben and Bachelorettes of 2012, is how love looks in real life. It's pretty sweet!

Happy Valentine's Day, folks!

1 comment:

Jen said...

I loved this post. So true!

A few weeks ago I re-watched the Notebook and found myself thinking things afterwards like "Hmph! Jordan never takes me for boat rides in the rain! That would be so romantic!"

Really?

Would it?

I'm pretty sure I'd be complaining about being cold and wet and probably saying something that starts with "I told you those were rain clouds ..."

It's the small stuff, the day to day, that really matters and is truly romantic. I have to remind myself of that, but it's true.

Happy Valentine's Day to you and Trevor!