When we were first married, Trevor and I opened up our house to guests regularly. Need a place to stay? A meal? A cup of tea? We were happy hosts.
When Simon was born, our house turned into a whirlwind of baby stuff, dirty dishes, quick to cook foods and one tired Momma. Obviously, Claire didn't really improve the situation (although, she totally makes our life awesome... as does Simon).
Needless to say, I lost my hospitable touch.
Claire is now 15 months. She eats really well (albeit messily). Simon does well too. My kids give me time in the afternoon (mostly) to clean and prepare. Even though I'm tired, I am sleeping through the night (bliss).
I am excited to host people again. We're trying to have more people over to our little home. It's a lot more work but, it's so much fun to prepare an array of good foods and teach our kids about being hosts.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Thanks for hosting my family, while I was away. You're a blessing to me.
Post a Comment