Voting

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Babies Don't Keep


I hope that my child, looking back on today
Will remember a mother who had time to play;
Because children grow up while you're not looking,
There are years ahead for cleaning and cooking.
So, quiet now cobwebs, dust go to sleep.
I'm rocking my baby, and babies don't keep.
(from www.nurseryrhymes4u.com)

Today, we had a playdate. Claire fell asleep on the way home so Simon and I rousted ladybugs from their slumber and ran around on the flattened, frozen grass. We played, ate sushi and cuddled before his nap. Claire woke up in time for me to play with her, cuddle her, read to her and sing to her. Then, we took a nap together (this has become a bit of "treat" since she's been in her own crib for the past 3 weeks!). I brought up some frozen soup and didn't fuss much about supper. If I could relive a day, I would choose today. When I'm 97 and in a home playing "Go Fish" with the ladies, I'm going to miss this!

1 comment:

Debbie Irvine said...

Well Jill...you will miss this! You almost made me tear up there!