Voting

Monday, December 21, 2009

No more Baby Goo

I started feeding Simon baby cereal in the beginning of October. It started okay but then, it led to a battle. He hated his cereal. He hated his purees. I thought I'd never get him to eat.
This past month, I gave up Baby Goo. I bought a food mill and a baby feed bag (a mesh sack that you can insert all sorts of yummy things into that babies can chew and not choke). Simon eats what we eat... modified. He's happier, I'm happier and we're not fighting. Currently, Simon LOVES banana, whole wheat bread, stew, rice and Grandma Tilly's lentil soup. I'm trying to be discerning with what I give his little tummy. I think he appreciates the variety.
Hmmm.... just another way that Simon operates that's just not "by the book". He's definitely an opinionated little fellow for someone who can't talk.

3 comments:

Del said...

I can't say that I blame him for hating cereal. Have you ever tried that stuff? Yuck!

He's a boy who knows what he likes. He'll make a great leader some day.

Jen said...

Good for you! the stuff you've moved on to is way healthier anyway.

Amy L said...

Chase HATES the baby cereal too! And I agree with his opinion, yuck yuck yuck... it even smells gross!So far, he still tolerates the purees but I fully intend to start making my own as soon as the holidays are over and things are quieter. We should get together and make a bunch! I have a coworker that wants to do it as well...