45 minutes is a typical baby's sleep cycle. Thanks to general anesthetic, Simon once again is struggling to beat his sleep cycle. That means he cries and cries and cries about every 45 minutes at night. He doesn't just go back to sleep either. We tried letting him "cry it out" and that only led to an hysterical little man. The dressing on his hand is probably bothering him and he's probably experiencing some pain. He also has a stuffy nose (cold? teething? who knows?). Needless to say, this household is lacking sleep.
We've been here before. We know it gets better. It's just frustrating to be in the middle of it. We're hoping it won't take Simon's body as long to get back into routine.

2 comments:
Uggg!
All you want for Christmas is a good nights sleep!
I'll pray your wishes come true.
It really is SO hard to be in the middle of it...I remember so many times just praying for wisdom to know what to do... I will pray that for you guys as well.
Post a Comment