Voting

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

iRobot


I gave into my housewife fantasies and bought a Roomba. No more vacuuming for me. It entertains my Schmoo and sends my cat into conniptions (unlike the above acrobat, Fergus is honing his chase, hunt, hiss and hit moves). I named him Shy Ronnie after a bizarre SNL sketch that reminded me of a few students I've taught.
Sometimes, as Shy Ronnie zooms around my living room, I wonder, "has it come to this? Am I at the age where a vacuum makes me smile?" Then I remember... Shy Ronnie is a ROBOT! How cool is that?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

That picture made me laugh!!

matt&ruth said...

Ha ha - that is so funny! Way to give in to your "housewife fantasies" :) It really seems like such a brilliant invention - does it do a good job?

Amy L said...

Oh my, don't you just love that little robot??? I still need a name for mine! It totally makes my housecleaning easier and Chase thinks it is hysterical... when it does not put him to sleep that is! Talk about a bonus!