Voting

Friday, November 06, 2009

Fan of...


My name is Jill and, I am addicted to Facebook. I love reading statuses and looking at your pictures. I really love seeing pictures of your kids, your weddings, your engagements... fun stuff. I don't really like your party pictures with twenty shots of you looking pie eyed and showing way too much cleavage.
Recently, I've been inundated with requests to become a "fan" of almost everything. No thanks! I don't want to just add my name to a list of other "fans". I also don't want to take any of your quizzes or add any of your applications. Just your pictures... that's all I'm after people.
This got me thinking. What am I a "fan" of? Here are a few things that I'm definitely not a fan of:
-snot (we've had a lot of it around here lately - yuck)
-people who think maternity leave is a holiday
-cat fuzz
-people who don't stop for pedestrians at crosswalks
-the pile of Halloween candy that is taunting me from the kitchen counter
-the weight I can't seem to shake (maybe it's all the Halloween candy???)
-coughing fits while trying to put Simon to sleep
-a whiny cat
-wind in the ears

These are things I am a definite fan of but, I'm still not joining any FB page to support them:
-baby giggles
-overalls on Simon
-Trevor's hugs
-cuddling Fergus
-a good book
-peppermint tea with honey
-walks in the sunshine without a jacket
-good neighbours
-Fridays
-Simon's new sleeping habits
-thrift stores

(My apologies if you're not a fan of lists.)

1 comment:

rhoda said...

i'm totally with you on the facebook thing! i like reading status updates and looking at pictures, but i join very few groups or applications and i'm not a "fan" of anything, and never done a quiz.