After some Google research, I've discovered that most post-op infants revert back to newborn behaviours. That explains my very needy little man. I remember being awake with him a lot as a newborn... he grew out of that eventually and developed his own little routine. Now that his little world's been rocked, he's up a lot at night and feeding on demand. I feel a bit better knowing that.
Simon and I have started "assisted naps". I let him nap on his own until he wakes up 1/2 hr later and then I cuddle and nurse him back to another 1 hour and 1/2 of dreamland.
Undaunted by the casts, Simon is still quite determined to roll.

3 comments:
Don't you love google? The internet knows everything!
Really enjoyed our visit today! Simon was a gem! I don't know what you're talking about....
JUST KIDDING.
Seriously though, we loved having you. Come again soon!
my heart swells with pride when i read this post. simon has the BEST parents! jill, you are an amazing mom and that little simon (or not so little anymore) is a GO GETTER! you just wait until he starts walking...you won't be able to keep up :) go simon go! we'll keep praying for you. hey, out of curiousity, does simon stay more calm/sleep if he is in the carrier? just a thought. it always seemed no matter what was up, aria stayed more calm when she was close to me. love ya!
Post a Comment