Last night, Simon slept for 6 hours, ate and then slept for 4 more.
Simon didn't yell at me in the car today when we went to WalMart. (Thanks to a handy DVD player and Baby Einstein, Simon was calm, collected and cool the whole 7 minute trip. If you'd have asked me 4 months ago if I'd let my 3 1/2 month old watch a DVD in the car, I would have poo-pooed all over that idea. Now... I embrace whatever keeps my child from having a meltdown. I choose sanity; please don't judge.)
Simon is napping right now IN HIS CRIB. (He used to do just fine in his crib. Then, he let it be known that, unless he was in his swing, he wouldn't stay asleep. The fact that he is back in the crib has me dancing in my seat as I type.)
I feel like myself again (sleeping through the night - for the most part sure has a way of making a girl feel good again).
Thanks for all your prayers and messages of encouragement.
P.S. - To the 12 individuals in WalMart today who asked me variations of "Oh... poor thing, what's wrong with his legs? Did he break them?", I wish I'd had the guts to reply, "Yes, he did break them. That's what happens when you try to walk and you're only 3 1/2 months." Snoopy strangers...
The picture above is of Simon turning the pages of his book. He's pretty cute about it.

2 comments:
Glad he is feeling better! Also, there is so many things I said I would never do with my child and that I do now. You never know till your a mom!
Sleeping through the night!
In his crib!
Not screaming in the car!
STELLAR day! Congratulations and way to go Simon!
Post a Comment