We went to a Family Gathering this past weekend. The location: LutherLand... seriously! Nothing like a pile of Mennos hanging out at LutherLand. :)
It was a swell weekend. It was our first time taking Simon anywhere overnight. Despite the crazy heat and having to adapt to a playpen, Simon did just dandy. He was a little trooper who got all his naps in and he played hard with all the adults who were smitten by him. Trevor and I were pretty impressed.
A few hours after getting back from LutherLand, Shiya and Marshall came to stay. They're leaving for their Family Gathering this afternoon. The poor souls were subjected to a teething baby but, they managed to find time to read and relax. It was nice to have extra hands around the house.
Last night, we hosted Shiya and Marshall as well as two other couples and their kids for supper. We had 6 boys under 4 in our teeny-tiny living room. We made the Dads take the bigger boys to the park while we ladies stayed back with the babies. That helped. Now, I know we need a play room before Simon gets to the excited, screaming play stage. Yikes! Little boys are loud!
I plan on a long nap today. I hope Simon will let me...

No comments:
Post a Comment