Voting

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Sustainable

Today, my enviro club and I went to a cute little prairie town to see their sustainable living project.
It was an amazing trip. We learned about composting toilets, solar energy, straw bale walls (insulation), non-chemical water treatment, geothermal energy and local dining. My kids were riveted. I came home with a pile of ideas. If I had a million dollars, I'd build the most amazing little house... (Right now, we'll settle for some new siding in the spring... maybe.)

Today was also cool because as our van drove down the highway, the kids sang and sang (they're also the choir kids) Christmas carols. This was the perfect way to usher in the snow of winter/08-09. This made me think that when this snow melts... I'll be closer to being a momma. :)

I ended this fine Wednesday with a high tea at the church's Pioneer Girls Gal/Pal night. My little pal and I dressed to the nines (I realized that I'm growing when I could barely find a bridesmaid dress or other fancy dress that fits). A fabulous evening to a great day.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Yes Jill, but did you see Solar, the one eared cat there? Athena just loves when we stop in for lunch on our way back from visiting Jen and Jordan. She always wants to go see the "hay bales" in the walls and the toilet with no water kinda creeps her out.