I woke up on Tuesday morning and could barely move to get out of bed. I stumbled around my room and the walls of my house getting ready for the day. Owch! Trevor was so sweet and helpful!
I have insane back pain. There had been tension there before and a stabbing pain every now and then but, this was pretty bad.
Now, I know that pregnancy does cause some back pain. I don't think that this was normal. I spent the rest of the day walking and moving like an old lady. My co-workers suggested that I was suffering sciatica. I looked that up and panicked... I do not want sciatica. I found pelvic girdle pain and hoped for that instead. I also booked in with my doctor to solve the mystery.
Today was much better. I have the slight twinge and I need to think through my movements (I'm getting good on pain avoidance movement strategies) but, it's not constant. I also talked to my doctor. She suspects an inflammation of my SI joint. This is related to my already uneven hips not reacting well to the 8 pounds I've gained so far. I get to continue with my pain avoidance strategies, do some stretches and see a massage therapist on a regular basis.
Poor baby, he or she finally starts to make an appearance and I can finally start to feel him or her move :) and all I can think of is "my baby is a pain already..."... what an introduction to motherhood.
Thursday, November 27, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Prenatal yoga!
maybe wii fit has some suggestions? like swing your arms at your side when you walk?
i hope it gets better soon...
MMMMMM....pre-natal massage...yummy.....
and you know I know an awesome pre-natal massage therapist!
Hope you feel better soon!
Wow. Mrs. Ir... I mean, Jill sure is growing up. I'm so proud! *Wipes tear*
Hey Jill,
I had something very similar happen with my girls and it was because my electrolytes were low. My dr advised me to increase the electrolytes (especially before sleep, as that is when your electrolyte levels are lowest) Try 1-1/2 cups of gatoraide, pedactric electrolyte, or similar drink which is high in electrolytes and see if that helps. I know it totally helped me.
Post a Comment