Voting

Sunday, September 14, 2008

It's apparent that I'm no longer on holidays...

Well, if I look at the last date of my last blog, it's apparent that I am no longer on summer holidays.
School has started of relatively well this year. There's something quite wonderful about returning to the same school and to a set-up classroom instead of the stress of trying to lobby for a job and then start fresh. I teach Senior Modified English, I team-teach Psych 20 with a fabulous colleague, I split some Student Support Services time between a very large Foods 10 class and a very large Visual Arts 10 class and I teach Senior French. I actually really enjoy the flexibility and diversity of my schedule.
I've also started up with extra curr. This year (fingers crossed), I will try not to overwhelm myself. So far, it's just a RISK board game playing club, my environmental club and co-coaching Improv. It's busy but, it's manageable.
For the past two weekends, Trevor and I have been at Dallas Valley Ranch Camp. Last week, we were at the 25th reunion. That was a pretty neat time. We saw a lot of people that we grew up working and camping with. It was pretty awesome.
This weekend, we headed back out to DVRC for a Small Group Leaders Retreat. Trevor and I have been leading a small group since the beginning of 2007. It was really good to get together with other leaders and pray for one another, learn from each other and just goof around together. There was a lot of food for thought this weekend. I know that I've taken away a lot to think about.
Our days are full. Between our small group, my night class and staying on top of school work, we find that our time is just flying away on us. The past few weeks have been a bit of a whirlwind.
Hopefully, next weekend will find us at home, relaxing.

1 comment:

Del said...

Phew! I actually thought you disappeared off the end of the earth.
You're busy, that's for sure!

Hopefully we can get together soon.