Voting

Friday, August 08, 2008

Remembering...

I'm in Victoria at Shiya's cute litte condo, helping her get ready for her wedding (just a little over a week).
I'm remembering our last week of singlehood...
-we had just bought our house, Trevor had taken possession and, after finding out that all walls were plywood, Trevor was busy drywalling
-we wanted a contractor to mud, tape and sand the newly dry-walled walls and do our ceilings while we were on our honeymoon, so we scraped off all the painted over stucco
-crazy decoration making madness
-signage
-organizing and making food for my lingerie shower
-hosting friends and family
-living in the blur that I exist in for the first few weeks of summer holidays (when that cold catches up and the shock of not having to mark or be "on" every second of the work day hits me)
-longing just to be married

Being back in wedding prep mode has reminded me how HAPPY I am that we're married. Not as glamourous as being the almost married couple but, that's the way I like it. I wouldn't go back for a second!

1 comment:

Amanda Franks said...

I love wedding preparations too, but am so glad that they wont be for me again, sometimes it's much more fun to do something for someone else! (Where did you get your background from?? I totally need to change mine up).