Voting

Monday, August 25, 2008

Open Letter to Summer of 2008

Dear Summer of 2008,
I know that today is just the first day we have parted company yet, I miss you already. I miss getting up slowly and eating a leisurely breakfast. I miss reading in the backyard while watching Fergus chase his squirrel. I miss my Mom's random drop ins and her pool.
I will never forget my trip to Germany with Trevor or the rainy Radiohead concert.
I will always cherish the BC trip and the wedding week of Shiya and Marshall.

How come you went by so fast? Where did all those lazy days go?

Ah, sweet summer. Farewell.

P.S. - To all of you non-teachers out there, sorry... I remembered today how much it sucked to get up to an alarm.

1 comment:

Del said...

Mmmmm...I should do an "ode to maternity leave". The alarm still exists...and goes off randomly...each day is different. However, the alarm is very cute and snuggly.

Happy back to work! Hopefully it won't be for too long ;)