Voting

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

humdrum

Returning to the routine of things has been a little bit of a comforting struggle. My body is still having its ups and downs recovering(?) from this flu bug that seems to be attacking my sweet husband again (poor man... should have thrown up when he could instead of endure the crampy ravages of this beasty of a bug).
I'm trying to find a routine.
"Ah, you teachers... what do you do all summer?"
I power walk and garden and try to get into discipline to take my correspondence class (blech). I lounge in my mother's pool and haul my cat out of trees. I try not to read all day (but I would if I could). I plan the garage sale (that I'm afraid I'll never have) to try and get rid of all the junk in the basement. I watch the days tick by on the calendar and wish we could have July forever.
It's a busy, difficult life. It's one of the perks to my career that I wouldn't trade for the world!

3 comments:

Del said...

I stay in my PJ's until noon. It's a summer ritual.

Lindsay said...

I also stay in my pjs. I try not to do a whole lot, but this summer I'm trying to clean up my house as I moved in last summer and never organized my spare rooms. Hope your having a wonderful day.

Jen said...

I can't imagine how great summer must feel for you teachers! Well deserved.