Voting

Monday, July 28, 2008

the berry and the squirrel

In the mornings, I let Fergus outside to play (read "stalk bugs and eat grass) outside. Lately, he's found a new "friend" to play with. For the past 4 mornings, Fergus and this little squirrel have been chasing each other up and down our big maple. They'll take breaks to natter at one another and then the chase is on again. I wonder what Fergus will do if he catches the squirrel?

Before supper, he was such a whiny cat, we put him in the spare room. Here he is trying to make his escape.

Today, I went out to my a farm near my parents and picked saskatoon berries with Karri and Mom. We picked like fiends. I have over 24 cups! On top of the rhubarb Karri gave me last week (21 cups), I'll be busy baking sweet treats for a while. Rhubarb and saskatoons... definately some of my favorite things about living on the prairies.

2 comments:

Jen said...

I need rhubarb! I can't wait until I see it in the stores.

I want to take Abby berry picking. I should look into some u-pick farms.

Looks like you got a huge, yummy haul!

Del said...

Looks yummy!

Thanks for the delivery yesterday! Sorry about the chaos. What's with you, me and storms?!

Our pool is nothing like yours. We'll be out asap! Next week I'm available Tues. and Wed. and then we go camping. I'm babysitting for Jen over at Hey, Mrs. Wilson for the rest of this week.

Love the new blog look. Esp. since those are "my" colors:)