We're back!
We had an amazing trip. I loved traveling with my sweet husband!
We arrived in Hamburg at 9:30 am after flying all night and made ourselves stay up all day to ward off jet lag. We hung out in an awesome park, ate hamburgers, went on a canal tour (in German - not really too sure what we saw) and went to bed early!
After another day in Hamburg, we spent 3 glorious days on the island of Rugen in the sea-side town of Binz. We played in
Next stop was Berlin. This was my second time in Berlin and I still feel like I need to go back to see it all. We had 3 crazy, crammed days. Highlights included the Sony Center, the Reichstag, Schloss Sophie-Charlotta and piles of history. Of course, the biggest highlight was the Radiohead concert. Amazing! I don't even really like Radiohead (Trevor's favorite band) but, it was still the best concert of my life.
The morning after the concert, we bordered a train and left Germany for the Czech Republic to visit Prague. We toured Prague Castle and enjoyed the city. We made sure to eat goulash but, passed on the pig knuckle.
Lastly, we ended up in Munich where we power-shopped for souvenirs and endured the rain. Fortunately, on our anniversary, the sun came out and we headed to off to see Newschwanstein with Mike's Bike Tours. In the morning, we biked to an lake and rode and alpine slide. In the afternoon, we toured the castle itself. Amazing!
We're kind of sad to be back and done our European adventures. However,
Unfortunately, we have the flu. I yakked up my Mom's welcome home supper while trying to show my parents pictures and I'm still a little leery of food today. Trevor's currently napping through a pretty bad stomach ache. Not the best kind of feeling to combine with jet lag.

4 comments:
Welcome back! We have to get together real soon!...after yack fest that is.
Ugh, lousy that you are sick but so glad you had a wonderful getaway!
Welcome back. Glad you had an awesome time!
Sounds like a great trip, hope you feel better soon!
Post a Comment