Voting

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Open Letter to the Young Ladies of this World

Dear young ladies,
I enjoy teaching. Being a high school teacher was my career aspiration and I am very passionate about it. I also like teaching adolescents. I know that some people think this is crazy but, a little crazy is all it takes.
Unfortunately, every spring, I am disappointed in the young ladies who walk through the corridors of all three institutes of learning I have worked in. For 6 springs, I have had to have uncomfortable and incredibly awkward conversations with my female students about boobs. Yep... boobs.
Please, when you are in a place of learning, make sure that your shirt fits you properly. Please avoid clothing where cleavage plans it's escape. This is not what I want to see when I tell you to turn to page 84 or when I have to stand by your desk to explain your assignment. It's weird and gross. Save those tops for, well... not school.
I don't enjoy those conversations. It's probably one of the worst things about my job. Ease my pain and wear modest tops.
Thanks,
Your very annoyed teacher

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

Oh I hate that part. I don't have to do it as much as I'm grade two, but i have on occasion had to do it. Hope your year is wrapping up well.