Voting

Sunday, May 25, 2008

green

It's raining. I love that it's raining.
Last night, Trevor took me for a walk around our neighbourhood in the pouring rain (to test my new rain jacket of course). It was good to smell that fresh spring rain smell.
My yard is bright green now.
My little plants are sighing with relief.
I expect them to be bright and cheery when the sun comes back.
I expect to see my little seeds popping up.

It's crazy how exciting I find gardening. I always thought that my mom was a little wacky. Now, here I am, dreaming of rhubarb and sweet peas. I guess the apple doesn't fall that far from the tree...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I too enjoy gardening. Yesterday I stripped my rhubarb and made a cake and muffins. I'm waiting for my carrots to pop up and say hello.

It also works out perfectly that my boy will be ready to eat veggies in Sept. when all the veggies are ready!

-L