I celebrated the Day of Love by wearing red and feeding my students cinnamon hearts.
Tonight, I will enjoy tacos and an episode of "The Wire" with my honey.
Nope, I don't expect roses today. I'd prefer them when they go on sale. I'd rather dine in our little home rather then try to brave the icy streets to eat in a crowded room with strangers.
We're just as happy and just as married as Hallmark advertises... we just don't have to make a big deal about it. (Besides, romance is more fun when it is spontaneous and not just an expectation because of the heart on the calendar.)
Yes, I suppose I am a Valentine's Scrooge. Bah Love Bug!
Thursday, February 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Nothing says I love you like a taco. :)
We just stayed home and had a nice evening in. It's better that way. Plus, nothing we do compares to our first valentine's day as Mr. & Mrs. which was in Jamaica!
Post a Comment