Voting

Saturday, November 17, 2007

Weighed and Measured

Today, I went to Curves. I'm signing up for a membership. Shock and awe, I know. I think it is a bit odd of me too. I'm not really a gym girl.
Except, that I'm not really a runner like I was in the past. It hurts my knees and my hips when I run. I tried walking a lot this summer. It was good times with my Ipod and 5 kms around park. Except, I don't have an hour free every day for a walk anymore.
I'm finding that with my new teaching job, I don't have time like I did last year. Daylight is a rare thing during my day. I leave in the dark and get home in the dark. It's not as busy as Lanigan but, it still keeps me hoppin'. In Lanigan, I ran or worked out a few times a week. I was single and I had one TV channel and a very inactive social life. My new life is full. I need something quick and effective. Curves workouts are designed to be just 30 minutes 3-4 times a week.
I'm afraid of being that girl who gains a pile of weight when she gets married. I'm afraid of being the girl who "lets herself go." I don't want to be that girl.
I know, those of you who know me, I don't look like I've gained weight and, I really haven't. I've just lost my good tone. I'm a little more jiggly instead of lean. Enough for me to want to do something about it.
I have to be a little careful. I can get a little obsessive about exercise, food and weight. I have struggled with a very skewed sense of self-image. That's one of the reason I've chosen Curves; they monitor me and keep track of what's going on with my body.
Today, I was weighed and measured. We'll see if I feel good about myself here.

3 comments:

Jen said...

Good for you! I've been contemplating joining Curves as well. Let me know how you enjoy it!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a wise decision, Jill. Hope you like it!

Amanda Franks said...

You'll have to update how you like it once you've gotten into the groove. I'm trying to decide between Curves and a gym membership for the new year. Hope you enjoy it!