
I voted today in the provincial election.
I always get a little excited over elections.
I like the power of the little "x" in a box.
I know one vote doesn't feel like much but,
what if we were all apathetic?
Then, anyone
could get in.
People in the Weimar Republic (Germany, 1933)
felt disenchanted and apathetic about democracy.
They elected Hitler.
I know it's a giant leap... however, I take my vote
seriously.
I always get a little excited over elections.
I like the power of the little "x" in a box.
I know one vote doesn't feel like much but,
what if we were all apathetic?
Then, anyone
could get in.
People in the Weimar Republic (Germany, 1933)
felt disenchanted and apathetic about democracy.
They elected Hitler.
I know it's a giant leap... however, I take my vote
seriously.

1 comment:
I totally agree. It frustrates me sometimes when people just don't care.
Post a Comment