Voting

Saturday, November 10, 2007

The Adventure That Wasn't

Trevor and I had planned on going to visit Jared (Trevor's brother) who lives 8 hours away. We thought it'd be a great adventure in our new car. I had great visions of shopping (yeah IKEA) and Trevor had restaurants already picked out for our fine dining (Cheesecake Cafe and Olive Garden). We had a cat-sitter ready to look in on little Fergus from time to time. It would have been grand.
Except, Trevor got sick.
Last weekend, I had this terrible cold-flu that knocked me out for a good 3 days. This week, it was Trevor's turn.
Therefore, we are home. We've still had some sort of fine dining (Smitty's for brunch) and I've still gone shopping (finally bought myself some brown boots... to compensate for my sorrow over no IKEA). Fergus is happy to have us home during the day is is extra cuddly.
We're relaxing a lot.
It's not quite what we wanted but, it's still nice to have some time off work!

2 comments:

classic kim said...

aw, well i hope trevor feels better soon! it's always nice to relax. and haha, props to you for making up for your ikea trip with the boots. i totally would've done something like that too!!

Anonymous said...

sorry to hear about your holiday gone "amuck"
just think of the money you saved :)
we hope Trev. feels better soon.

Laurie and Del