Voting

Sunday, April 22, 2007

...for tomorrow will take care of itself

This morning, in Sunday School, we were continuing our study re: the Sermon on the Mount. We arrived at the passage where Christ reminds us that we are His, He cares for us and that we need to trust Him (Matthew 6:25-34) with everything. We discussed how, in the culture we live in, we are prone to worry. We worry about our houses, our cars, our jobs, our money, our future, etc.
This struck a nerve.
Currently, I am worried about my job and next fall. I only have temporary contract that will end on June 29th. This scares me. The school board has handed out some permanent contracts already... just not to me. This makes me sad. This week, I have 2 interviews so that 2 more principals in our division know who I am. I keep having bad dreams about these interviews.
This morning, I was reminded that God does have a place for me. Last year, He provided a job when I fully expected to be subbing. Whether I'm to be at the school I'm currently at or if God has a whole other plan for me that doesn't involve full-time teaching, I need to trust.
Of course, this is easier said then done.
This morning was a good reminder.
I think I need to give some worry up in prayer during my run today.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Jill, my sister in law teaches in Regina and she just got permanent full time this year. She has been teaching at Miller for the past 4 years already. Don't fret.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.