
Yesterday, I went to a Wedding Expo with my mom and my lovely bridesmaid Tif. It was a really good experience. I got some good ideas, picked up a few freebies and ate all the cake samples I could.
I also met my nemesis: Bridezilla. I knew that she was out there lurking. I just didn't know when or how I'd meet her.
In university, I worked in a floral store and I dealt with a lot of brides. Some were a little high-strung and others were down-right nutty. I made a promise to myself that when the time came for my wedding, I would be calm and focused on my marriage, not just the wedding day. No Bridezilla-Jill! However, walking through the bridal expo, I came up to a photography booth and she appeared in my head: Bridezilla. I was looking at this fabulous wedding book. It was a digitally produced album that was gorgeous. My scrapbooker's heart was in love with it. All these beautiful pictures done up as the story of Jill and Trevor.... and only for $3000. I didn't even choke at the price, I just ooohed and aaahhed. Sure sign of Bridezilla taking over. I realized what was happening and ate another wedding cake sample, took a deep breath and went over to a cheesy invitation printing booth to clear my head. Slowly, Bridezilla disappeared and my frugal self came back.
Of course, there will be no $3000 wedding book in my future and I am good with that (although, it was gorgeous). I'd love to think that that was my one-time meeting with Bridezilla but, I have this sad feeling she may be back... around the time of invitation creation or flower selection. Erg...

3 comments:
Hey Jill and Trevor. Remember me? Karla Koehn (Wiens)? Well, I am excited that you guys are getting married. It is a wonderful thing but I'm sure you already know that. I just found your blog today and I was pretty pumped. I hope the planning goes well and that you don't get too stressed out. It was good to head about the planning and such.
Hee hee! Bridezilla attacks! I know, there was a $4000 photography package at the Calgary Bridal Fair. Soooo gorgeous. But alas, I cannot afford it! So I'll be sensible. But I've been having a great time, and I'm sure you are too.
Just so you guys know, I don't use one of these blog sites, but I DO have my own website, and there's a blog on the front page. Which I know Janelle has discovered! So hopefully you guys can get me into the swing of things! Check me out at www.takeupyourbedandwalk.com
Hi Jill!! Congratulations again, and to you too, Trevor! I never experienced the Bridezilla phenomenon myself, but there is so much beautiful stuff out there and so many good ideas that it is hard to stick to your budget. We have friends who had one of those fancy photography packages, and a really really fabulous video package done. Whatever you choose to do, make sure you have lots of fun in the process!
Post a Comment