Voting

Saturday, February 23, 2013

A weekend away

I went to Phoenix with my mother-in-law and sister-in-laws. More importantly, I went sans my babies. Eeek!
I was fine and they were fine and even Trevor was fine. However, it was such a huge step for me to get on a plane and fly away on them.

I hiked. I slept in. I read 3 books. I went out to eat. I hung out with 3 lovely ladies. I sat by the pool. I soaked in a hot tub. I went to grocery stores and other shops. I did all of the above mentioned activities at my own speed and not having to stop to pick someone up, go to the potty x 3, feed anyone, cook or clean or do laundry or hustle around to avoid tantrums. It really was quite heavenly.

Now that I'm back to my reality, I'm content. I've spent the past few days just with my little ones. It's been good to be a full-time Momma. Sadly, it'll be back to work on Monday.

I'm back to part-time teaching. That means mornings only. It's a pretty hectic 3 hours of teaching. I don't get much time to plan and prep while at school. That comes during the 45 minutes of Quiet Time at home when I'm not cleaning or making supper. I've added a small pre-school program to mine and Simon's world. Mostly just number and letter identification and a some phonics. We also do a lot of arts and crafts and experiments. Playing with a purpose more or less. The leisurely nap times of our past are on their way out. :)

The weather is still sad. Actually, anywhere with snow after a week-end in the red rocks and deserts of Arizona is sad. :) Fortunately, we have just over a month left until sweet, sweet spring!

1 comment:

Colleen Wachob said...

Jill,
Hey sweet friend! I am glad you had a fun getaway! I have only left my babes once where I got on a plane (just the older two). I well remember that strange feeling. Rejuvenation and refreshment makes us better mamas - though it's hard to do. Next time, come to Wyoming! Visit me in the summer and we'll hike in the mountains. :)