Voting

Monday, November 07, 2011

Bruised

I'm still feeling pretty bruised and vulnerable. I cried at SuperStore today while picking up some sippy cups. There will be a ton of memories that will be triggered by little things for the rest of my life. In time, I'll learn to manage them. For right now, I'm resigned to cry in public places for random reasons.

We're starting to get better health wise too. This cold really knocked Trevor and I on our feet. Some days, I wish that there was a way for Mommas to take sick days too. I would have LOVED to sit on my couch, drinking hot apple cider and reading my days away like I used to when I took sick days. That was another world.

This is my last week of maternity leave. Claire will be one soon. Shocking, isn't it? I'm savouring all the little "stay-at-home" Momma things that we so love. I let Claire linger longer while nursing in bed in the mornings because that won't happen come Monday. I played hard with Simon in the snow during Claire's nap time. We indulged in our favorite grocery day lunch: sushi. We went for a walk to see the flags and loved the new sparkling snow. I'm hoping to clean my house top to bottom one last time while I don't have homework calling my name. Other then Wednesday (when I need to go to work to prep), we're going to celebrate our last full week together until Christmas holidays. I'm excited to do our favorite things all week long.

No comments: