My first realization that I wasn't too savvy in the fashion department occurred in grade 7. I was tall, gangly, bespeckled, well-freckled girl with permed bangs and straight long hair. I spent much of my time with a nose in a book. I loved wearing my Hyper-colour shirt (remember those... great for sweaty pre-adolescents) paired with white tights covered in black stars (this is where my childhood friends Janelle and Amy will gleefully comment that, upon occasion, I would wear purple panties with those white tights... sigh). I had this pert little friend with two older sisters. I would go to visit and they kept wanting to play "makeover" with me. Eventually, I stopped wanting to visit.
When I was 20, I finally gave up my brown unicorn wallet (velcro - tres, tres cool). I've been missing it ever since. Before Simon was born, I went through 10 years of odd purses. The most practical was my bright red Swiss Army purse that I took back-packing around Europe with me. It just didn't match my teacher clothes though. Finally, I thought a diaper bag would solve all my issues. I would just carry a wallet inside. I've been through 3 wallets already (that's what happens when you cram all your cards into cheap, cheap wallets). Also, I don't always carry my diaper bag. I bought a very pretty, expensive (for me), leather Etsy purse. It's adorable! I'd be proud to wear it with any fancy dress or with any teacher clothes in the future. Unfortunately, I don't use it that often. Instead, I've been carrying around a bag that Trevor's aunt crocheted from recycled plastic bags cut into strips... and it's orange and white.
I figure that while I tromp around in my Sorrels with my ridiculously large blue toque and my classic "mom uniform" (read jeans and a long-sleeve T-shirt that probably has some Simon cruddies somewhere on it), the orange bag might suit me a little more then my beautiful Etsy purse.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I need pictures, dear. Both the orange and Etsy purse sound fab... I desperately need to see them!
Post a Comment