(This picture is in our much younger, dating days... I think we're pretty cute!)
Trevor and I have been together since the fall of 2003. That's a lot of years of getting to know one another. I couldn't be more pleased in my choice of partner. However, like most wives, there are always a few idiosyncrasies about my dear mate that leave me pondering.
Enter... the Husband Code.
Trevor took a fabulous and insightful personality test at work. He brought an 8 page document which goes over his personality in detail. The document tactfully states his weaknesses as well as his strengths. My favorite page is the one that details communication strategies that work best with Trevor.
We've been together going on 7 years and now, I finally have a document to confirm many of the quirks I've discovered about my man, prove many of the wonderful things I believe about him and advise me on how to deal with him on "sticky" issues. Last night, as I was gleefully reading, I mentioned on how this document will be a great asset to me.
My poor man. I think he may be regretting being so open about his code with me. He's offered a few times to buy me the $60 analysis so that he can have the same info on me.
I don't think I'm going to do it. I believe that a wife should be mysterious to her husband. :)
Here's to the code!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment