
***I think I need to preface this post by stating that last night, Simon was up for 3 hours or which I was up for 2 of them. That, on top of 8 months of sleep deprivation, may be linked to what I am about to share.
My girlfriend and her baby girl were coming for lunch. Simon absolutely needed to be down for his nap at a certain time. I can't always guarantee an easy put-down at home. I can, however, usually guarantee an easy put-down when he's in the car. So, I went for a little drive to the library.
Upon coming out of the library, I accidentally set off my car alarm. I pushed LOCK 3 times to get it stop. Then, I threw my keys on my seat and closed the door so I could put Simon down on his side in his seat. I was also a little distracted by finding my snow brush.
I locked us out of the car. I don't usually swear. Occasionally, a choice word will leave my lips when it's the punch line of a joke. Also, I'm prone to swearing in German or French but, other then that, I'm a well-censored lady. Today, when I realized that I was standing in the mall parking lot, with my baby, in a snowstorm, locked out of my car with people coming to my house, Simon heard me swear... loudly!
We trudged back to the library where we called all the lock shops in town. Finally, there was one that didn't have a 2 hour wait.
He came and unlocked the nice, silver Mazda 3 that I was standing beside. The alarm went off so, I looked on the driver's seat for the keys and promptly realized I'd had the lock guy break into someone else's car. Eeeek!
My car was one spot over... with a snow brush on top.
He, very nicely as I was on the verge of tears, unlocked my car. The other Mazda's car alarm finally went off. I paid the man. He only charged me for unlocking one car (thankfully).
I slipped and banged my shin while buckling Simon into his seat. I have a nice goose egg for my outing.
Simon went to sleep right away and had an hour and a half nap... it was worth it.

3 comments:
What an awful day, but great that Simon slept! Here's hoping tomorrow is a better day ;)
Oh D as Reid would say (it means oh dear). YIKES! WHEN WILL YOU EVER GET TO SLEEP!!!!
Poor lady. You need a vacation.
On the upside, your experience has led to an absolutely hilarious story that has caused many people much amusement :) Matt and I sure cracked up about you breaking into someone else's car - can you imagine if the owner had come out while this was happening?
Post a Comment