Voting

Wednesday, January 09, 2008

In Case Of Emergency

I had a bag phone when I was in university. It plugged into the cigarette lighter of my red Mustang. I used it if I got stuck (which, in a Mustang, happens) or if I was going to be really late and knew my Mom would be worried.
When I first started my job in Lanigan, my parents bought me this sweet NOKIA cell phone. I bought pay as you go cards and, when my newer, silver Mustang (I know... 2 Mustangs... I was begging to be stuck) was in the ditch, I always had a way of letting someone know.
I still have that little NOKIA. It's over 6 years old. It's still on the pay-as-you-go plan.
That means that (be prepared for a shock) I DON'T CARRY A CELL PHONE on my person... everywhere I go.

I was trying to explain this to my students today. They looked at me like I was from another planet. I felt like a 80 something year old lady trying to explain how "nifty" my old gramophone was.

Maybe I'm "outta touch"...

1 comment:

Jen said...

You and me both. I don't have a cell phone of any sort either. Jordan has a company phone that we take with us if we go out of town but that's about it. We are so old fashioned and we are only in our 20's, Jill!