Voting

Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Moaning Myrtle

VS.



I'm trying to paint my bathroom. I'd like it to be celery green by the end of the week. So far, I've managed to get the white trim done. Strangely enough, this painting project will probably take me a while longer then some of the bigger rooms in the house that I have managed with ease. You see, when I was painting those rooms, I was not also trying to read Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows.
I am currently on page 460 of the book and it's really hard to put it down. I have no urge to do a single thing but read, read and read.
Rowling has outdid herself in the pace of the plot as well as adding twists and turns that leave me quite frantic for pretty much all of the characters. It's really hard to pick up a roller when somebody's fate could be determined in the next chapter.
Therefore, I am left like Moaning Myrtle. I'm stuck in the bathroom but, all the while, I'm dreaming of the adventures of Harry, Hermione and Ron.

P.S. The Outlander series is as equally intense as the Harry Potter series. I was lucky to finish just last week.

2 comments:

Risk Club Guy said...

Miss. I,
I am so jealous! I have to wait until we get to S'toon for my copy! Hopefully on our way back from Calgary tomorrow. Don't spill the beans on what happens though! (I know you wouldn't anyway) Hope you enjoy fixing your yard and painting your bathroom!

Amanda Franks said...

I was all stoked for the new HP, when it suddenly came to my attention that I am a book behind! In all the time I spend reading books to my kids I missed an entire HP book, what the heck?? I will be picking them both up tomorrow and I'll be lucky if anyone in the house eats until I'm done!! (just joking, sorta.)