I went to Austria when I was 20. I was tired of university and I needed a change of pace. I went to a Capernwray Bible School called Tauernhof. It was a little school located in a small town in the heart of the Alps. I hiked, I stretched myself spiritually, I met some really great people.I went back to Austria with my brother the day after I convocated from university. 5 summers ago, I was back-packing in the Alps and sleeping rough. I was pushed physically and I came home in the best shape I have ever been in!
Looking back at my "mountain top" experiences makes me realize how important going away and trying new things was for me. I was forced to grow. I was challenged and in a strange country; I had no other choice.
I also fell in love with the Alps. I can close my eyes and still see the gorgeous peaks high above me. I can never recapture those times in my life but, I will always have such great memories.
I will water the little edelweiss I bought at Home Depot and I will remember my alpine adventures.

1 comment:
Nice story Jill. I sing the song Edelweiss to Athena every day. She has the words memorized too. Can't wait to show her the movie The Sound Of Music when she gets a bit older.
Post a Comment