Well, life in our little blue house is swell. Every morning we wake up, drink some coffee and head off to our jobs.
Trevor is still working for for the feds. Somedays it's a really fun job and he gets to "investigate" farmers and their files. Other days, he wishes he can find something in HR (the field he trained for). Trevor's also pretty busy teaching Jr. Youth Sunday School and working for Big Brothers as their volunteer HR guy.
I started my job teaching at the beginning of the school year. Even though I am busy with extra-curr, my own marking and prep work, I am technically considered a sub. I'm working at an inner-city school and my heart is always breaking for the students I work with. I have really led a charmed life when I look at the realities of my students'. The challenges of teaching kids who are lacking skills, who's basic needs have not been met and who are constantly being bombarded by life complications (gangs, domestic violence, crime, single parenthood, pregnancies, STDs, need for income) are great. Please pray for my students if you get the chance.
We love being married. It's so great to walk around the park together, cuddle in front of the TV with, share meals with and snuggle at bed time with.
Tuesday, September 26, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Hi, Jill! This is Amanda Brown (nee Olsen...how weird is it that my last name is Brown? It took me a while to get used to that and I still think of the old Amanda Brown - now Amanda Franks - when I utter my name). I just found your blog and wanted to say that you were a beautiful bride and I am glad life is treating you so kindly. :)
Good to hear from you sweet girl. I enjoyed your wedding. By the way, thanks for the lovely foot care gift certificates. You did not have to do that. It was my pleasure to look after sweet little Alyssa. Glad to hear you are enjoying married life. I miss you very much. Are your mom and dad also atending your church? I have not seen them for awhile. Please pray for Rosewood during our transition time.
Hey you two,
Thanks again for the great time at the wedding. What beautiful pictures. That is so cool you made it to the milky way! Sounds like married life is going well. I will pray for your students. Teaching has become a whole new job. Good luck and God bless.
Angel
Hi Jill!
It's your wild friend, Heather, from Taurnhof! CAN YOUR BELEIVE IT? I was beginning to think that I would never correspond with you again, untill Hannah e-mailed me with info about your blog. I must admit that it was the first blog I'd ever been on; it was a neat experience! You must give me info on how to go about starting one!
I was so happy to hear that you found your prince charming and that God blessed you with a Christian husband! May you both have a fulfilling life together serving the Lord and making a difference for Him in this world. I have no doubt that you already have!
As you may already know, a few months after I returned from Tauernhof, Gerald came to his senses and decided to talk to me. He was smitten, (hee hee) and we were married on September 1, 2001. He is the most wonderful man; he is strong but gentle, and he has never intentionally done anything against me in the 6 years we have been together. He is a wonderful father to our children, Monika (4) and Jake (1), and I am so thankful that he is the one God reserved for me. We bought a quarter of land last year, where we now live. It is about 2 1/2 miles north of my parent's farm, where I grew up. Gerald works as an oilfield operator, but his passion is his farrier business. He is an incredibly talented blacksmith and farrier and does as much shoeing and forging as he can. I am a housewife and am so thankful that I am taken care of; I don't know if I could drop my babies off at daycare! We spend our spare time quading and hunting and landscaping our yard or gardening. Our house is already full of elk and bear mounts, compliments of our successful hunts. We are so happy with our country life, but it almost didn't happen. Gerald applied with the Calgary City Police a few years ago. He aced his aptitude test and broke records with his PARE test, (the physical qualification test), so we thought he'd make it for sure. But after the interviews, the selection committee decided that his morals were too black and white to fit into the force. Can you believe it? It was heartbreaking for him at the time, but now that we have kids, we are so thankful to have wide open spaces, and not a tiny apartment in the middle of the "concrete city"!
I am not really talented at the whole tech thing, but if you send me your e-mail address, I will try and send you pics of our wedding and kids.
Hope to hear from you soon! My e-mail address is, ghmjpeachey@hotmail.com
Take care!
Heather
Post a Comment