Voting

Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Soon and very soon


The countdown is on! Our wedding in less than a month away. Actually, in one month today, we'll be in BC on our honeymoon.
It was so exciting to begin wedding plans back in November. I had all these great and grandiose ideas. Now, I just want to be married!
School is almost over. I have 1 1/2 teaching days left and then finals, and then grad. Whew! On Canada Day, I'll be leaving little Lanigan. I'm getting sad to leave the kids and my staff. I'm really excited about this new chapter in my life but, I'm really going to miss things here.
Trevor is hard at work renovating our house. Buying an old house has its pros and cons. We've had some happy surprises (like finished hardwood floors under stinky carpet) and some little surprises that have been not so happy. It's hard being in Lanigan. I really wish I could help Trevor out more.
It's a little weird owning a house. As first time home owners (and people pleasers), Trevor and I are always finding that everyone who comes to our house has some ideas on what we should and shouldn't do. It's BIZARRE the amount of conflicting advice we've been given. It would have just been nicer if people asked us what our plans for the house were and then only given advice on things we were actually asking about. Ah, but I don't think life works that way. Oh well. This is just part of the home-buying adventure.
If you have had any good home-reno adventures, Trevor and I would LOVE to hear about them. We need other people's adventures to inspire us and to remind us that renos are always a gong-show. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Soon and Very Soon" reminds me of a song.

wandi said...

Hi Jill. When I had my house, my dad(grandpa mac) and I did all the renos. It was kinda fun, but there were tense times. I would just have to take a deep breath, and take a time out then I could come back and continue to carry on. My advice to you is, don't let others tell you how you should do things. You have to make your house the way you and Trevor want it and that is what's going to make you happy. Try not to let it get to you. I know people mean well. Just have fun. It is going to be worth it.