Voting

Sunday, April 30, 2006

The pieces are coming together!

Hi!
This is Trevor and I'd just like to clarify some things about this wedding blog. First of all, all of the entries below this one are written by Jill. So yeah, I haven't gone on a vacation to Mexico with a friend named Shiya or enjoyed wedding dress shopping with my mom (even though the entries have my name below all of them). Second of all, I'm excited that you've taken the time to come to this blog to read about myself and Jill.

This has been a very exciting week for Jill and myself. On Saturday we spent more money than any other day of our lives. We bought wedding bands for each other. (that was really fun, we customized them together and they're going to look great!) We also bought a house! The house is a 3-bedroom 1050 square-foot bungalow. It has a detached, insulated, two and a half car garage. And it's right near the Park. Jill and I are really excited about moving in together there. And we're both getting ready to be homeowners by visiting Home Depot at least three times a month! I'm also trying to learn about different colors like mauve and burgandy. And Jill is getting me really excited about doing "man things" like removing stipple and painting.

Anyway, thanks again for taking the time to check out this blog. Jill and I would really appreciate any comments you have about first-time houses, or anything else for that matter. If you leave a comment, I guarantee that you'll make Jill and myself very happy. And I promise to stop stalking other blogs and start leaving comments myself. I love you all. Have a great day!

Trevor

5 comments:

Janelle said...

Hey TK! super excited for you! planning a wedding is tons of fun - sometimes stressful - but just look towards the DAY & the FUTURE and you'll be fine!
that's awesome that you are getting a house! we are on our second one now - and we love it! so much better than renting...
advice? well, not tons. just don't try to do everything at once - filling every room with furniture, decorating, renovating, new appliances, all that jazz. take your time & make sure you do what you want - not what you have time for. it will all come together eventually.
and make sure you read my blog before you go spend tons of money at Home Depot! haha.
can't wait to see this all come together! and i can't wait to see pics of the big day!
congrats again!

Heather Peters said...

I am so excited for you two! I don't have any home-owners advice because I've never owned a home, but I can't wait until I do. Then I'll be asking you for advice. Have fun!!

Anonymous said...

Hey you two! That is so awesome that the two of you did purchase that home! That is great! The area is so pretty there. Can not wait till I see the wedding rings. I am sure they are beautiful. Sorry no home-owner advice. I too will be seeking the advice one day. See you in July! Good luck moving.

Anonymous said...

Hey guys!! Well, it was super fun for me to read all your blog entries as I can completely relate!! I too, did not realize planning a wedding would be so much work! I hope I don't become a bridezilla but I must say I also came close when I came across a $2000 scrap book thing of wedding pictures. Thankfully, parents and fiance talked me out of that one! So if you guys have any advice for me...I am sure open to it! Right now we are on the hunt for a photographer which is a lot more stressful then I would have ever imagined! Ok well it was a slice and I'll talk to you guys later. Your invitations are great by the way!!

Crystal said...

Wow! Congratulations TK! I remember that 'getting married... buying a house' feeling! I know that you will enjoy each and every moment of each other and this wonderful time in your life! Getting married is fun, and being married (for Jon * I anyway) is even better! Again - Congrats!
Crystal Tieszen (for Jon)