Have you ever had a pair of old, comfy jeans that somehow, for some reason, you haven't worn in a while? I love that feeling of putting them on again.
Today was kind of like that for me. I went back to high school today. Back to the place I was transferred (by surprise) from after my mat leave with Claire.
I didn't have to set up any bulletin boards (just my posters, like normal) and all of the jargon made sense. I was able to connect with good colleagues who know me and accept me as I am.
As difficult as it will be to leave my sweet kids to work full-time for the next 5 months, I think being back in a place I love is worth it. Part-time for semester 2 and hopefully some continuity for next year.
PS - Today affirmed again for me how much I LOVE teaching!!! This is exactly where God wants me to be.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment