I had a meeting today with the HR guy from my school division. I could have brought in an STF rep or our school division president but, I chose to go it alone. Did I want to appear non-confrontational? I hope it appeared that way. The truth is that I just didn't have the heart to inconvenience anyone at the start of summer holidays. Oh, to be a doormat... sigh.
It was a good meeting. I said my piece, aired my concerns, cried a little (professional tears and not the ugly sobbing this man encountered on the phone during our first conversation) and left feeling like a weight had been lifted from my chest. Nothing has changed about my situation. I am still transferring to an elementary school. I will still be scrambling to make long range plans for ELA 6/7, Social 6/7 and Career Guidance 6/7. I still experienced poor handling. However, this man took time to listen to me, encourage me and tell me that, at the soonest opportunity, he will move me back to high school. Nothing like a little hope to make a bitter pill go down better.
Now, I am closing this chapter in my work life. I have done what I could and now I am moving on.
Elementary school and short students, here I come!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
You can always pick my brain for help with ELA 6/7... I taught it for 3 years! And good for you for speaking up!
Post a Comment